Sunday, August 19, 2012

SierraMar Festival

I put my mind to it and I feel better already! I know that I was not 100 percent but I went to the festival. Since I had the ticket already I felt I had more of a reason to go. How can I miss out on the first alternative music festival ever in Santa Marta? This is history in the making and I wanted to be a part of it. I went to the festival on my own. I asked people how to get places and I went about my journey. I took a cab to a bus station that goes to Mamancana (a town). I bought a roundtrip ticket and waited for the bus to get full to head out to La Reserva Mamancana. I met up with some of the volunteers at the entrance and we went right in. It was at such a beautiful location, on the mountain top with a beautiful ocean view. I was so happy that I made it out there that I completely forgot how sick I was the day before because I felt great. The festival was amazing with different music groups from Colombia and other countries. The famous colombian bands were Bomba Estereo, Monsieur PerinĂ© and Voodoo Soldiers among others. 




I loved it. I felt like I was in a haze, like my surroundings were dancing with the music, moving with the wind and sounds. It started raining in the midst of it all and we were all just dancing away in the rain. Then it was cold but we let the breeze enter the pores of our skin and kept on dancing.  It was such an amazing night! This is the first year that they do The SierraMar Festival and hopefully it continues in the years to come for all the people in Santa Marta. I am very grateful to have been a part of the inauguration of this festival! 




Bomba Estereo <3

Monsieur Periné <3





No comments:

Post a Comment