Wednesday, August 15, 2012

ART DAY


Today I took everything that I bought for the kids. Remember my first post? 



I brought everything except the marbles because they were too heavy. Everyone was very grateful for the materials I brought and Cerys told me everything was very useful for the preschoolers. We took out the alphabet flash cards and handmade the “Ñ” and “Ll”.  As soon as they saw the puzzle they opened it right away. They put it together at least four times in one sitting. They loved it! 













This is probably the third time they put the puzzle together. 

After all the puzzle fun, I started to teach three kids the numbers 1-10 in English using the flashcards I brought. It was not as easy as I thought it would be. I tried telling them the number and showing them the card. Then I had them write the number on the board when I said the number out loud in English. They were so excited to learn English! I loved the enthusiasm they had because that means they will continue coming, eager to learn more.

Today was art day for the little ones! Another volunteer, Rachel, comes once every week or so to do some art with the kids. Today, they colored and created their very own Mandala’s! A Mandala is a Sanskrit word meaning “circle”. Mandalas, concentric diagrams, often exhibit radial balance and have spiritual and ritual significance in both Buddhism and Hinduism.











After much coloring, they created their own Mandalas on a paper bag using Spirographs.
Once they were finished making their little goodie bags, they each received lollipops and some confetti to take home with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment